Meet the Bees Experience
Ever wondered what it’s like to be a beekeeper or curious about how a colony works? Perhaps you’re thinking about having your own beehive but not sure? Join us for approximately 90 minutes on our ‘Meet the bees’ experience taster session to see what it’s like to be a beekeeper. This is a hands on session with the bees.
Our Meet The Bees Experience makes a great present for Christmas, birthdays o’r special events. This experience is a time to make memories. Dad's and daughter, Mums and Sons, Birthdays, Mothers day, Fathers days or the better half. If you are already set on keeping bees, then we recommend you attend our full 1 day Introduction to Beekeeping Course.
The published price is per person. Groups are welcome, please enquire first. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
The Experience will include:
- Guided inspection inside a working hive to get a flavour of bee keeping
- See the bees up close and the opportunity to open and explore the inner workings of the hive and handle live bees, at your own pace
- The do's and don'ts of beekeeping
- Gwenyn Gruffydd goodie bag
- Ample parking
How the Experience is structured:
We'll meet at our farm for an initial short introduction to bees and beekeeping. We’ll talk you through the equipment needed to keep bees, the main events in the beekeeping year, how we manage the swarming season and extract the golden honey. After putting on our bee suits, we'll then walk across to our home apiary site, and open a hive to let you see what the inside of a bee colony looks like and get up close to the bees and channel your inner beekeeper under the supervision of Gruff, the bee keeper. You’ll get a chance to hold a frame of bees and try and spot the queen bee! Afterwards, we'll return to the farm yard and try some honey, receive your goodie bag and have an opportunity to buy honey, should you wish to take honey home as souvenirs.
A relaxing experience, at a steady pace, enjoying nature and gaining an appreciation of these beautiful creatures. Groups are small, no more than 6. The bee suits are provided, you only need to bring wellingtons boots and a sense of adventure! You can take as many photos as you wish and ask as many questions as you wish!
This experience is available on selected Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from April to September and is wholly dependant on the weather. The weather needs to be warm and dry. Should adverse weather be forecasted for the day of your session, the session will be rescheduled. We can confirm the session will go ahead on the day before the session. Excluded dates apply.
Instructions on booking
Once you've paid for your place, we recommend you contact us at least one month in advance to ensure that your chosen date is available. Therefore once you've made your booking, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your chosen date and time. All bookings are subject to availability. If you have any further questions about this Meet The Bees Experience, please email us or ring Gruff the beekeeper on 0777 211 8786 to discuss.
Is this is a gift for someone else?
If this is a gift why not have a gift card sent to the recipient? The gift card will be send in a luxury gift card box, made especially to present your gift cards to family, friends and loved ones. Tick the gift card option and we'll post out the voucher either directly to the recipient or to you, please specify details in the notes section during checkout. Voucher Valid for 12 months from purchase.
- Minimum age: 18 (unless accompanied by a paying adult)
- The experience is not recommended if you are allergic to bee stings
- Please note that access to the hives is via an agricultural field and is uneven under foot.
- You will be required to sign a disclaimer on the day before starting your session
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
- The cost is per person (there are discounts for groups)
- Session length – about 90 minutes
- Start Time – no earlier than 10am
- Cancellation – If for any reason the session is cancelled by you, 25% of the session fee will be retained and the balance returned to the account that booked the session. The price quoted includes VAT.
- Bee keeping raises much curiosity which is why we can't allow spectators. The spectator will, inevitably, end up looking in the hives too! They also need to be kept safe.
- Please note that the season for visits to the hives is April to September. By all means purchase a voucher outside the season to redeem it at a date to be arranged.
- Please advise us of any medical conditions ahead of the event.
- Any questions please email us at email@example.com