National Open Mesh Floor with Entrance Block - Flat Pack
National Open Mesh Floor with Entrance Block Seconds Quality
Made from sustainably sourced British Cedar wood with a galvanised expanded mesh screen. Manufactured by Thorne in the UK
Assembly required - supplied flat pack with nails and instructions
Advantages of open mesh floor include:
- Improved wintering - water vapour.
- Easy monitoring of mite populations - simply slide in the plastic drawer under the screen when required.
- Escapes easily through the floor - no need for top ventilation which wastes the colony's heat.
- No need for extra screens when moving bees.
- Reduction of varroa populations - mites which fall through the screen do not climb back up.
Price includes VAT
Collection from our honey farm in Dryslwyn, Carmarthenshire